Indy version, SSL

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

Indy version, SSL

Postby denville » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi

I have to look at SSL/TLS (in the context of Intraweb) and I have read that the Indy components may have to be update to accomodate the latest SSL/TLS libraries.

I am using for this project XE7 Enterprise; I can't immediately see how to check the bundled Indy version (but it must be a few years old), so please..

How do I check the version I have (or if it's not even worth bothering...)

How do I update (and at what cost).

Sorry to bother, but I found lots of conflicting and some very complicated info on the Web.

Denville.
denville
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Indy version, SSL

Postby rlebeau » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:19 pm

denville wrote:I have to look at SSL/TLS (in the context of Intraweb) and I have read that the Indy components may have to be update to accomodate the latest SSL/TLS libraries.

IntraWeb uses its own internal copy of Indy (and renames all of Indy's classes/components from TId... to TIW...!). I don't know if you can update IntraWeb to use a newer Indy version without a LOT of work. You will have to contact AToZed about this.

denville wrote:I am using for this project XE7 Enterprise; I can't immediately see how to check the bundled Indy version (but it must be a few years old), so please..

All Indy components have a public Version property that you can read at runtime. You can also right-click on any Indy component in the Form designer at design-time to see the version. But, I don't know if IntraWeb interferes with that feature or not. Otherwise, just look at Indy's IdVers.inc file (or maybe it is IWVers.inc in IntraWeb?).
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Lebeau Software
rlebeau
BCBJ Author
BCBJ Author

Re: Indy version, SSL

Postby denville » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:35 am

Thanks, as usual !
denville
Top Poster
Top Poster

Return to Technical