rlebeau wrote:Have you tried debugging the project yet?
rlebeau wrote:Does the debugger show breakpoint enabled lines in the unit in question?
rlebeau wrote:Have you tried putting any breakpoints in the unit to see if the code is ever executed?
rlebeau wrote:You might not think the code is part of the project, but if the debugger says otherwise then it actually is.
rlebeau wrote: Could be a mistake on the linker's part
rlebeau wrote:or maybe a misconfiguration that you are not seeing.
if( ComponentState.Contains(csDesigning) )
Text = "";
if(FfieldName != value)
FfieldName = value;
if( ComponentState.Contains(csDesigning) )
UnicodeString s = UpperCase(FfieldName);
s += FfieldName.SubString(2, FieldName.Length()-1);
Name = FnamePrefix + s;
Text = Name;
theLizard wrote:rlebeau wrote:Does the debugger show breakpoint enabled lines in the unit in question?
Yes, even though the whole block is commented out with /* */
theLizard wrote:rlebeau wrote:Have you tried putting any breakpoints in the unit to see if the code is ever executed?
There is NO code that calls it in any unit in the project.
theLizard wrote:rlebeau wrote:You might not think the code is part of the project, but if the debugger says otherwise then it actually is.
I agree but, I have made sure that there is NO link to the unit at all in any of my other units and I have removed the unit in question from the project all together.
theLizard wrote:I will concede that some of the issues may relate to my packages but, using debug the way you suggested has not put any light on the matter, in fact it confuses me even more.
theLizard wrote:For example, this code should check if in design mode or not (I think) either way nothing happens, putting a break point anywhere does not do anything AND the throw does not throw when I run the executable outside the ide.
theLizard wrote:Would having Rad 2010 Professional and XE2 Professional installed on the same machine have any bearing on the issues I am facing?
rlebeau wrote:So there is no actual code in the unit? EVERYTHING is commented out?
rlebeau wrote:That is not what I asked. YOU might not be calling into the unit, but SOMETHING ELSE you are not aware of might be.
rlebeau wrote:Have you tried deleting/renaming the unit so the compiler/linker cannot find it at all? Does the compile/link still succeed, or does it now fail?
rlebeau wrote:Have you tried using ProcessMonitor
rlebeau wrote:Using a second instance of the IDE for debugging is only meant for debugging *design-time* code that runs inside the IDE itself, not for debugging *run-time* code in a compiled executable.
rlebeau wrote:Well, the only way that could happen is if this piece of code is not actually being executed at run-time.
rlebeau wrote:No. Many people have multiple versions installed together, and the IDEs are designed to run separately from each other
theLizard wrote:There was code but the block that was being executed WAS commented out.
theLizard wrote:rlebeau wrote:Have you tried deleting/renaming the unit so the compiler/linker cannot find it at all? Does the compile/link still succeed, or does it now fail?
theLizard wrote:rlebeau wrote:Have you tried using ProcessMonitor
No. Where is it?
rlebeau wrote:That makes me think you are linking to an old version of the unit.
rlebeau wrote:Yes what? Yes, it succeeds, or yes it fails?
theLizard wrote:SysInternals Process Monitor
theLizard wrote:From where! Not from any of my units.
theLizard wrote:Yes, it failed.
theLizard wrote:Now for something interesting, I installed Berlin on a Windows 7 Professional machine and Guess What, everything works with "Link with runtime packages" Off and "Link with RTL" Off
theLizard wrote:I had to explicitly include the component files to the application project.
rlebeau wrote:Well, then clearly your project DOES have a dependency on that unit somewhere.
rlebeau wrote:Sounds like you don't have all of the search paths configured correctly afterall.
theLizard wrote:So, the problem I was having was indeed the search paths not being one hundred % correct, however, the path structure that was set for the project was the same as (excluding name changes to folders) that I have in Rad 2010 where it runs without the issues I was having.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests