C++ Builder change project folder causes IDE to loos files

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

C++ Builder change project folder causes IDE to loos files

Postby Ahmed Sayed » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:40 am

Hi,

I am facing an issue every time I move one of my projects from one folder to another, when i recompile or build the app again the IDE complain about missing files that it can not open or locate while they are already added to the project. So i had to remove them all and add them one by one.
Now I am in the process of reconstructing all my projects folders and i don't want to do this to all my projects it will take like forever to do so.

Are there anything that I can do to change project folders peacefully without having this headache.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ahmed Sayed
Ahmed Sayed
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: C++ Builder change project folder causes IDE to loos fil

Postby rlebeau » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:02 pm

What kind of files is it complaining about exactly? Does your project file contain ABSOLUTE paths to files instead of RELATIVE paths?
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Lebeau Software
rlebeau
BCBJ Author
BCBJ Author

Re: C++ Builder change project folder causes IDE to loos fil

Postby Ahmed Sayed » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:12 pm

It is complaining about some .cpp files that have my code in the file it self is not the issue. The problem is that this happen quit often now when I move a project from one folder to another.

And yes the paths are stored in relative format in the project file for example: "..\..\..\..\Classes\"

I had to change them one by one by using a notepad or notepad++ for every project i have its exhausting and very time consuming.

I really hope that there is a way to fix this while moving projects

Ahmed Sayed
Ahmed Sayed
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Technical