Moderator: 2ffat

No more Appmethod

Postby Lena » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:37 am

Lena
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Re: No more Appmethod

Postby MyVCL2015 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:04 am

This is the first big decision made under the new owners. I am surprised, I would have thought AppMethod would have replaced RAD studio because of the online business model. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2016.
MyVCL2015

Postby rlebeau » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:56 pm

This is interesting news indeed. Considering that AppMethod is just RAD Studio with VCL removed, they didn't really merge AppMethod into RAD Studio, they just killed it off since RAD Studio already did everything AppMethod did. Maybe the new owners don't agree with Embarcadero's decision to provide a more focused product for people who don't need everything. I would prefer to see a RAD Studio without FireMonkey, for instance. Maybe they could release a new RAD Studio where both VCL and FireMonkey are optional addons and license accordingly.
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Lebeau Software
rlebeau
BCBJ Author
BCBJ Author

Postby macicogna » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Maybe they could release a new RAD Studio where both VCL and FireMonkey are optional addons and license accordingly.

I couldn't agree more with rlebeau!

I've been answering some surveys suggesting them that might be a RAD version focused in "Windows-Only" development. What a bad surprise when I saw the AppMethod for the first time. They got it wrong! :lol:

I do agree that multi-platform is a huge differential, but what about the developers (as license buyers) of old systems trying to remove the "legacy" label on Windows machines? Or even those guys that needs RAD for desktop and database development, without thinking in mobile apparatus?

Also, with this suggestion, I also ask them what about to see some prices downgrades.

It is fair, isn't it?

Best,

Marcelo.
macicogna
BCBJ Veteran
BCBJ Veteran

Postby Lena » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:34 am

Lena
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Postby RBaroniunas » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:18 am

I rather see the January roadmap for 2016 then to see ideas on paper. Once you get the roadmap you have a pretty good idea where the product is heading for at least the near future.

Everything seems to be in slow motion at this point.
RBaroniunas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby macicogna » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:42 am

Just yesterday I've received the "Embarcadero New Year's Resolution" e-mail with the new Survey.

I like their surveys. In Embarcadero's era, they tended to be repetitive, what let me think they do not want to believe what the community is saying.

But it is very simple this time, focusing in ask about your actual licenses and your ideas about updates subscription. Also, there is a question about your use of Embarcadero tools, with something about legacy and new systems. "Now you are talking!"

On the other hand, in one question they "forgot" C++Builder 2006 (or RAD 2006) in the final question. Exactly "the one version" that revival C++Builder after the BCB 6's long period of doubts about continuance. This is mean, man!

Let's see what they will respond.

Marcelo.
macicogna
BCBJ Veteran
BCBJ Veteran

Return to News