Article about using libxml2/libxml++ for XML management

This the the forum for potential authors to submit article ideas.

Moderator: 2ffat

Article about using libxml2/libxml++ for XML management

Postby kiklop » Sun May 07, 2006 2:34 pm

Hi,

Recently I discovered this site and it looks great but it is too VCL-centric in my humble opinion. There quite a few other libraries that can be utilized with C++ Builder.

Since I extensively used libxml2/libxml++ with C++ Builder for almost a year and even contributed to libxml++ support for Borland compiler I volunteer to write article (or even two if needed) about this experience. What works, what does not work, some samples etc.

What do you think?
kiklop

Sounds Good

Postby 2ffat » Mon May 08, 2006 10:14 am

I like the idea. We often forget there are other libs out there that will work with BCB. :)

Anybody else?
James P. Cottingham

Look at me still talking
when there is science to do.
2ffat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

XML libraries

Postby msmith » Tue May 09, 2006 6:55 am

Go for it. I was looking into writing a wrapper around the MS XML library and then writing an article once I had merged the code into my MJFAF framework but would love to hear of your experiences first.
msmith

Re: XML libraries

Postby kiklop » Tue May 09, 2006 3:15 pm

msmith wrote:Go for it. I was looking into writing a wrapper around the MS XML library and then writing an article once I had merged the code into my MJFAF framework but would love to hear of your experiences first.

Ok. I'll start writing stuff and I hope next week I'll have something to send here.
kiklop

Postby msmith » Tue May 09, 2006 4:42 pm

Be sure to contact the editor before you write it all up to make sure the content is agreed. Additionally, submit your material to the editor rather than this forum.

Looking forward to reading it. I will still be considering my MS XML wrapper which could be presented as an alternative discussion.

As I have very little experience with XML can I recommend you do an initial article describing XML and all those other acronyms such as XSL. I know you can transform data presentation using this technology but I have no idea how. I'd love to learn about that first.
msmith

XML

Postby 2ffat » Wed May 10, 2006 5:45 am

While you are on the subject, why not have a general article on what XML is and how it can be used by us BCB pluggers.

Hmm... You could almost do an whole issue on XML if everything worked out.
James P. Cottingham

Look at me still talking
when there is science to do.
2ffat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby kiklop » Wed May 10, 2006 6:59 am

msmith wrote:As I have very little experience with XML can I recommend you do an initial article describing XML and all those other acronyms such as XSL. I know you can transform data presentation using this technology but I have no idea how. I'd love to learn about that first.

That is interresting point. I'll probably do that.
kiklop

Postby msmith » Wed May 10, 2006 7:24 am

Cool. I'm really looking forward to it.
msmith

Re: Article about using libxml2/libxml++ for XML management

Postby relipse » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:09 pm

I recently made a BCB 6 Project cleaner using TinyXPath and TinyXML,
which worked very well for me.
Jim
relipse
Top Poster
Top Poster